Chem-Wise Ecological Pest Management
Friendly Pest and Turf Control
5050 Newport Dr.
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
2600 Beverly Dr.
Aurora, IL 60502
-Wise Pest and Turf Management
Pesticide Applications inside your home can be
minimized by taking action to pest proof your home.
1) Use protective covers on basement window wells. This helps to prevent
leave and debris buildup, which harbors insects. The best well covers are
those that can be easily removed. That allows your Chem-Wise technician to
treat this key area for insects.
2) Do not over fertilize the lawn. Such practice causes clover mites which will
invade your home.
3) Clean out your gutters. Earwigs, Millipedes, Carpenter Ants, Mosquitoes, and
a host of other insects thrive in wet leaves found in gutters.
4) Scoop the poop. Leaving dog fees on the lawn attracts flies which can
eventually enter the home.
5) Cut back the ivy. Ivy left to grow on the side of a house may look attractive,
but it provides a harborage area for Spiders, Wasps, and Carpenter Ants.
6) Clean out garbage cans and recycling bins. Spilled soda and food debris will
provide a breeding area for flies and other insects that may enter the home.
7) Install weather stripping on the bottoms of all doors. If a pencil can fit
through a gap below the door, a mouse can too.
8) Be sure that all screen and windows fit tightly. Caulk any crack or insect
9) Store firewood away from the house, including window wells and from
10) Trim trees so that no branches are touching the house.